Sunday, April 5, 2009

Three Billion Blogs

I'm not really one who jumps from blog to blog and browses for ideas and tips. My mom is and can spend hours doing so, which is why I guess I don't because I just don't have the time and the patience.
Tonight I started browsing and got so overwhelmed at all the different blogs out there on food storage and emergency preparedness. (See my sidebar under Provident Living) We made it a goal to get three months of food storage this year. So far we've got our grains and about half the water we need. So we've got a long way to go. I was so proud of myself for actually going to the cannery and starting my food storage until I started looking at all these blogs.
There is this awesome family in my ward who makes a meal out of their food storage every Monday night. I think that is such a brilliant idea. I have been inspired by the mom of this family and am on a mission to be more like her.
Also, President Hales gave a great talk in the Saturday Morning session of General Conference about living more providently. So the task of doing so has begun. I took just enough time to find some blogs about the matter. Some of them have food storage tips, some budgeting tips, some have recipes for food storage, and some are just entertaining.
I'm so thankful for all those out there who are so passionate about it all. I have soooooooooo much to learn.

2 comments:

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

I feel the same way. I look at the lists of things I should be doing and have and feel overwhelmed. So I go out and buy a pack of water and 2 jars of peanut butter and hope like crazy that I won't need the rest until I figure out what I'm doing.

Wanna be farm girl said...

lol........i've missed our sunday school class and the inspiration that you bring.