
Beatrice is one of the busiest little girls I know. Wherever I am, there she is also. If I'm on the computer, she has to be sitting on my chair with me. But before she sits down, she needs a drink, and her purse, and her fingernail polish, and her toothbrush with her toothpaste. Then maybe she is ready to sit still, but only for a moment before she is off to somewhere else, only to return for another small moment.
She insists on helping me with everything, except for feeding her. She insists on doing that all by herself.
Today I took on an enormous task of cleaning a large gas grill my girlfriend gave me. It was in dire need of some tlc. It had been sitting outside without a cover for who knows how long. It was covered in dirt, spider webs, and wasp nests. A total of six nests to be exact. It was a bit frightening at first. I wasn't sure if I was going to get stung by a wasp or bit by a spider. Fortunately neither happened.
I scrubbed and hosed and scrubbed some more. I tried to get most of it done while Beatrice was sleeping because I knew once she woke, she'd want to be in the middle of it all. Sure enough, she literally got her hands wet and got to work!
When I dressed her earlier today, I thought to myself, "Why in the world am I putting brand new white pants on her? She's just going to get them dirty." Not only did she get them dirty, she got them so wet they hardly stayed on.





I hope she'll always want to be around me when she gets older. Just today my heart broke because Franklin told me I wasn't his best friend. I was just his mom and "moms are boring." Whhaaaa?? I'm not boring! If I was boring would I start such an awesome project as a paper mache pig?
More pictures to come...hopefully...
1 comment:
She looks like you would look with Frank's coloring. What a beauty. :)
Post a Comment