Saturday, August 28, 2010

Arts and Crafts

As mentioned in my previous post, Franklin and I made a paper mache pig. At first it was going to be a piggy bank, but then I realized it was awfully large. Then we decided we would turn it into a pinata. That didn't work either because before I could fill it with goodies, Franklin and his best friend decided to annihilate it. They beat the poor piggie up. It first started with them tearing a small hole in it to put the candy and then it snowballed from there. They tore the legs off and crushed the poor thing until it was laying on the floor in pieces. All that effort for nothing! At least the boys had fun destroying it, which I guess is what boys are made to do, and at least I got some pictures of Franklin with it beforehand.

We also made a dinosaur out of craft sticks. We had the sticks for other projects, but I'm just not all that crafty. So a dinosaur was about as genius as I could get with the sticks. Franklin thought it was sooo "awesome!" That's his favorite word right now. Things aren't cool or cute, they are AWESOME!!

No comments: