I thought the days of watching my son like a hawk were behind me. He hasn't colored on walls for weeks, he's beginning to tell me when he needs to go to the toilet, and he is able to entertain himself in his toy room quite nicely. Today was just one of those days.
We started off great with Franklin going to toilet right when he got up. Then we went downstairs together to make daddy breakfast and to enjoy some cartoons. After dad left for work we went upstairs to play. I jumped on the internet to check my emails while Franklin went in his room to play with his toys. I wasn't on for more than a minute and a half because I didn't get any emails. When I went into his room, I caught him right in the middle of doing #2 on his car mat. RATS I say for not checking on him sooner. When I asked him why he didn't go in the toilet, he looked up at my and said, "Oh well." Which is what I usually say when he's had an accident.
After cleaning him up, Beatrice awoke. While I was feeding her, Franklin was downstairs taking all the dvd's out of the drawer. I then heard him open the back door. I told him if he went outside he would have to go to timeout. With Beatrice attached to the nip, I went to check on Franklin. He had heeded me by not going outside, but my threat of timeout didn't stop him from throwing some of the dvds, he had pulled put of the drawer, into the snow.
That warranted a time out. So Franklin went and sat in his corner and I put Beatrice down on the couch to go fetch the dvds. I took three steps out the back door when it suddenly closes behind me. I turn around to open it to find it was locked. LOCKED!!
Of course I panicked. I had no way of getting back in. I had a half fed-infant on the couch and a very rambunctious toddler running free. He wasn't really running though. Instead he was peeking through the curtains and laughing. I'm sure he thought "what a fun game!"
Luckily I had my cell phone in my pocket and even more lucky was that I had Beatrice's pacifier. My son wants to have whatever Beatrice has and that includes her Paci. I showed it to him and sure enough, he fell for the bait. He opened the door thinking he was going to get a paci and instead he got a stern scolding and an extended period in time out.
He's sleeping right now, so one would think all is well, but i should go and check on him just in case to make sure nothing's amiss.
4 comments:
Yikes that sounds hectic! I'm glad you survived the ordeal.
LOL! That was hilarious....to read anyways.... I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time!
Wow, what a little turkey! Kind of makes you wish for the days when he wasn't quite so independent, I'm sure. But he's so darn cute & funny, I'm not sure how you discipline him with a straight face ;).
What a day Liz! Kudos to you for keeping your patience...it is not easy, because little ones sure know how to push our buttons!
Post a Comment