Thursday, December 11, 2008

Holiday Cheer

I absolutely love Christmas time. I LOVE the music, especially the songs about Christ's birth. I love the lights and the smells and the parties. Our church party was last weekend and I was sooooooo disappointed. It was just a bunch of people I don't know crammed into a small gym and not enough food for everyone. Luckily there was a party this past Wednesday that made up for the Christmas Spirit that was lacking at the other party.

I hosted a party at my house for those that belonged to the mommy's group at the Brigham apartments. I'm not saying it was awesome because it was at my house, I'm saying it was awesome because I was with those I love so dearly and who love me back (I think). I must apologize to those who still live at the Brigham that I love but were unable to make it due to work or other obligations.

It was great being with my girlfriends again. Most of them have babies Franklin's age and many of them have babies Beatrice's age. There were 11 kids all together in my house along with their moms and my mom came as well. Thanks mom for the breadsticks.

We had lunch and I just couldn't figure out why I wasn't loving the white chile that I made. After everyone left, I realized I had forgotten to put the green chiles in my chile. How silly. :)

Thanks girls for sharing your love with me this Holiday season. I wish I had some fun pictures like Sara Dunn has of her party. (BTW Sara, I miss you and you too Sara M. oh and I can't forget you Erin S. and Angela W. and Andrea P and Adri S...I hope I didn't leave any mom's out).

I will be sad when Christmas day comes and goes. January is awfully hard on my spirit as the weather is dreary and there aren't any more lights on houses and no more parties to attend and no more carols to sing of Christ's birth. So this year I'm leaving the tree up until February. It's a real tree, so I don't think that will really happen as doing so will create quite the fire hazard.

Merry Christmas everyone.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I had a good gig that day, but I'm still sad that I couldn't make it. I'm really glad that you guys had a good time.

I really prefer chili without the chiles.