Wednesday, October 1, 2008

She's here!!



It's 11:50 pm and I am typing this entry one-handed as I hold baby Beatrice. She came just six hours after my last entry. We left our house around 3:15am when I noticed my contractions getting stronger faster. We dropped Franklin off at our good friends' house and then drove up the street from there to the hospital. By the time I arrived, the contractions were two minutes apart and far stronger than they ever were with Franklin.

I was given an epidural after what felt like a century in agony. For all those out there who have had an unmedicated birth, I greatly admire you and pity you. It freakin' hurts!!

I was dilated to a ten by 5:30 am but decided to wait for my doctor to deliver instead of the one on call. Being as drugged up as I was, I was able to take a short nap. Nothing like a drug-induced nap aaaaahhhhh....

My Dr. Arrived around 7:30am and Beatrice arrived at 7:40am weighing in at 6lbs 12oz and measuring 18 1/2 inches. I pushed a total of 6 times. I knew she would come fast...
Beatrice is absolutely beautiful. These pictures don't do her justice at all. So I will work on getting better ones. For now we are adjusting to being at home and being a family of four.

7 comments:

Gordita said...

Congratulations. I look forward to meeting her in person.

Amy said...

Oh, Liz! I'm so happy for you! You look incredible in those photos. I looked horrible after giving birth. Beatrice is tiny! How big was Franklin? My second was way easier than my first too. 1 push instead of 2 hours of pushing. I want to come visit you! I'll call you soon.

Kaspar said...

YAY!!! I was waiting for this entry ;o). I hope that you are adjusting well in your new home with your new daughter ;o). Let me know when you would like visitors and I'll be over ;o). xoxo!

Sarady said...

Wow! Beautiful Beatrice. Congratulations--on the baby and you're new place. It looks great.

staceymtz said...

Dear Liz and Franklin,
I heard the good news - Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl, Beatrice. She is adorable. Sorry I wasn't able to make it to the hospital. Tammy and I talked about coming to visit you soon - let us know when... :) Liz, I hope your recovery goes well.
Luv,
Stacey Martinez

Tammy Chenault said...

CONGRATS! Oh I'm so excited for you! I'm glad the labor went well/quickly. And your new place looks awesome, I can't wait to come see it and little Beatrice!

Andrea said...

Congratulations! I'll bet little Franklin is having fun with his new baby sister, eh? Tell Frank hello and that Elliot says "good luck!" Your house is beautiful by the way!