Sunday, October 26, 2008

Attached at the nip


I have a good friend who coined the funny phrase "attached at the nip" instead of attached at the hip because Beatrice seems to always be eating. She eats and eats and eats. Little Franklin was a bird and seemed quite content to snack for a few minutes here and there when he was a new born. Beatrice, on the other hand, has to be fed for at least 20 minutes on each side. So if I'm planning on going anywhere, I really have to plan far in advance or I will get caught with a screaming baby like I was yesterday at Wal-Mart. I almost left the store until some funny lady convinced me it was ok to nurse her walking around because nobody cares. And for the most part I believe that most people don't. It's times like that though that I wish I lived in parts of Africa or South America where the women just let it all hang out.

My daughter has probably gained two lbs since she was born and it shows in her cheeks, her chin, her thighs...she's just cute and round and healthy and we love it all.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So, did you actually walk around the store nursing, or what? And if so...how? In a sling or African-style?

My kids are nurse-a-holics too. Grace was more then Jacob. She didn't like binkis, so whenever she would start to freak out about something, I'd give her the boob to soothe her, 'cause it was usually the only thing that worked. So needless to say, it became a horrible habit to break. She's still a little too fond of the "nee nees" as she calls them.