I woke up, far too early, when Franklin came into my room this morning. After feeding Beatrice, I dragged myself out of bed and fed Franklin milk and cereal. His favorite; Frosted Mini Wheats.
I then changed his diaper but never did get around to putting pants back on him. He ran around all morning with his pajama tops on and only his diaper. Well, I can't say he ran around because I parked him in front of the tv where he watched about three hours of cartoons in a row. I just had no energy to entertain him, try to clean my house and care for my newborn.
In between breakfast and lunch, my son snacked on Hostess HoHos and microwave popcorn. Hey at least the skinny kid is getting calories, right??
I thought since Franklin was content in front of the TV and Beatrice was sleeping pretty soundly, I could sneak up to the computer to check emails and catch up on the blog and life outside our home. After my blog entries, I heard Beatrice crying, I looked downstairs and saw that Franklin was smothering her. He had put a blanket and a pillow over her. If I wasn't sure how he was feeling about her before, there was no doubt now; he does not like his little sister getting all the attention.

So I had to take a break and actually discipline my kid. Yeah, you heard me. I actually disciplined him. For all those that know me and know of my relationship with Franklin will find this hard to believe. I actually slapped his hand about three times. I know, I know, sounds totally lame...slapping his hand??? I couldn't bring myself to spank him just yet and he only smiles and gives me the "I'm cute and know it" look when I try to put him in time out. So the kid was actually slapped on the hand which broke my heart. He cried and then I cried and then we hugged for about ten minutes...and then it was back to cartoons as usual.
For lunch, the kid only had chicken nuggets, but hey they are all natural...does that make it any better??
After lunch the three of us took a nap together. Yay!! That was almost the highlight of my day. The real highlight was when Franklin peeled off his diaper and tore off towards the bathroom. I ran after him wondering what he was up to and caught him in the act of standing over his toilet and actually peeing in it. I just couldn't believe it. It was totally unsolicited and probably one of the cutest things I've seen. He looked like such a little man with his scrawny little legs spread apart as he was tinkling. I think he got a little performance anxiety because he stopped halfway through, turned around then tinkled on the floor. But I couldn't be more proud of what he did on his own.

The rest of the day was quite uneventful. Watch more TV, eat dinner, wait for dad to get home from work. Maybe I ought to make some friends...nah...
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, Liz, I thought I was reading about MY day. That's pretty much exactly how it's been around here, too, right down to the cartoons and discipline and random successes in the potty. We even watched that Disney Channel movie you were watching! Spoooooky.
I'm glad my child is'nt the only child that gives me that cute smile after i slap his hand and tell him no. Baby B is so cte I want to snuggle her. Liz my friend and I want to know how you do all the pictures of the baby in a square.
love u donna
Liz, I love you. You are such a cool mom, and so real. Thanks for being honest about your day. I usually feel guilty as heck for the millions of hours that Mya spends in front of the TV and the solo chicken nuggets, and the time I spend on the computer while she entertains herself. I am not alone, and it feels good! Your kids are so freakin' cute, by the way.
I'm two years older than my brother, and I spent my 3rd year thoroughly split between screaming "you can't take my little brother!" when people said that he was so cute that they wanted to take him home, and wanting to put him in the fireplace.
If it helps to look at it this way, I had popcorn for lunch, and I am congratulating myself on getting more fiber in my diet.
Seriously, you're doing great. Go easy on yourself.
Post a Comment