
It's been a whole year since I gave birth to one of the cutest babies on earth! I cannot believe it.
Our good friend and neighbor made the cutest birthday cake for Solomon. We were going to have a party with some close friends and family, but we were just too worn out from camping the night before.
That's right. We went on our first family campout. I don't have any pictures to prove it. I have no idea why we didn't bring the camera. It's not much fun writing about it without visuals.
The kids had a wonderful time eating dutch oven potatoes and hotdogs. They loved roasting marshmallows and chasing snipes. They finally fell asleep around midnight and woke when the sun rose. Well, Beatrice didn't. She kept sleeping and sleeping and sleeping. We thought she'd wake up when she heard the other campers, but she kept snoozing away.
Anyhow, we came home all just a little tired and grouchy and not up to partying, so we cancelled Solomon's party. We still cut the cake and had a miniature celebration, we just didn't have the whole clan running around.
Take a look at this cute cake. I gave Solomon's birthday invitation to our friend and told him to be creative. He did a great job. Look how well he duplicated the mouse and the owl...



Before Cake....

After Cake....



Solomon really enjoyed making a mess out of it. I literally took over a hundred pictures of it all. Half way through, daddy gave Solomon a spoon which made the mess making even more fun.
It's hard to believe that my baby is one. How does this happen?
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Solomon! I can't believe he is one, such a cutie :) The cake and invites turned out darling too!
Post a Comment