Monday, July 25, 2011

More Summer Time Fun



We've had such an amazing summer. It's a shame I'm not better at documenting everything.
Solomon is now walking. Scratch that, he's pretty much running. He gets his little legs moving so quickly that it's hard for him to stay standing. He's not used to so much momentum, but he's definitely not slowing down at all. He just crashes because he's going so fast, then pops back up and keeps on going.
He thinks he's as big as his brother and sister.
Beatrice thinks she's as big as her big brother too. In fact, she thinks she is a boy. She keeps taking her shirt off like one of the boys. Whenever Franklin and his best neighbor pal put on their swim trunks to run through the sprinklers, off comes Beatrice's shirt and there isn't much that can get her to put it back on. I love it, it's so adorable watching her run around with her lil' tummy sticking out and her long hair waving behind her.
For our Independence Day holiday, we really didn't do much. We lit some fireworks and just enjoyed being together as a family.
Solomon is not a fan of fireworks at all and Franklin can't get enough of them. I have such a hard time buying fireworks because I feel like I am literally burning my money when we set them on fire. I keep telling myself "it's entertainment, it's entertainment, it's entertainment" just so I don't feel so guilty about spending fifty bucks on fireworks.
In our neighborhood, the Boy Scouts come around and plant flags in our yard for certain holidays. It's how they raise money for camp and what not each year. So we paid our 35 dollars and the kids love waking up on different holidays to see the flag waving in our front lawn and dozens of others in the neighborhood. It's so great I've thought about permanently putting one there. It just does something to me. It stirs a little patriotism and makes me appreciate the free country I live in. We are very blessed.

I tried to capture some patriotic pictures, but only a few turned out cute.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Super cute pix! I have got to send you some of Kadee at that age, they look so much alike :)