I loved seeing Franklin with his blue paper cap. He didn't have a part in the program, but he sang his little heart out and then received his "diploma" and gave hugs to his teachers perfectly. It melted my little heart. I was beaming from ear to ear, as were all the parents and grandparents.

Franklin was lucky that his grandpa was in town and was able to make it to his ceremony just before he took off again to return to work in Iraq. We love our Grandpa Roy.
Here's Solomon with Mugga and Grandpa enjoying his big brother's graduation.The party afterwards was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! The teachers rented a fun center in a nearby town which housed all sorts of bouncy houses and jungle gym type stuff to play on. There were cupcakes galore and the cutest clown ever. I should've taken her picture. She was the only clown that did not repulse me. I thought she was adorable. There was nothing creepy about her. Her makeup was cute and her wig was even cuter. She was an expert face painter and balloon artist. Just check out what she did.

The kids had so much fun that they didn't even make it home before falling asleep in the car. We were literally the last ones to leave the party. I kept thinking if I just stuck around long enough that Franklin would stay in preschool forever and ever. We have been so fortunate to attend Canterbury preschool. It's a family owned preschool where two generations now teach. Miss Pennie has been teaching for over 30 years and now her two older daughters teach with her. Miss Melissa is the blond one whom Franklin had a crush on. Every time I asked if he liked her, he'd blush and say "yes." Soooo cute. Miss Ashley was the brunette who had a crush on Franklin. They both were miracle workers. Any one who works with kids day in and day out is blessed with special powers. They have talents and patience that I am just not blessed with.
We gave each teacher a special thank you gift that said, "Dear Miss Pennie/Melissa/Ashley, Thank you for being my teacher. I will 'mix' you so much. Love Franklin" We attached the note to a cookie mix and a little whisk. I thought it was awfully cute.

Beatrice will be attending the same preschool in the fall. Everyday I feel so fortunate that we found this little preschool and were able to attend the last two years. We have loved it so much. I need to have 80 kids so I can always have a reason to drop my kids off at this preschool. I just love it that much.
2 comments:
I love the picture of Franklin sacked out in the car. It's a great sign that he thoroughly enjoyed himself. I love it.
It's so true that these things are more for the parents and grandparents. Such cute pix! I love that your dad is home and got to be there for it too. Congrats to the cute lil graduate :)
Post a Comment