Monday, May 24, 2010

Spring 2010

It has been quite a few weeks since I last posted. Call me lazy because that's exactly what I am. It such a shame though because we've had such a great couple of months. June will be here in a week and hopefully summer will begin. Today we awoke to snow. Just another crazy spring day in this part of the country.
Some of the fun things we did:
We made Easter Bunny pancakes...I wish I would've taken pictures of the Easter baskets and the Easter egg hunt. Franklin really got into dying eggs this year. He dyed about two dozen. Unfortunately he didn't get to hunt for each of them because he woke up before we could even hide them. So I had to keep him distracted while daddy went downstairs and hid about half of them. We did the Easter baskets and egg hunting Saturday morning as a way to keep the secular separate from the spiritual aspect of it on Sunday.

We had a birthday party!!Franklin turned four this year and we decided it would be fun to have a kid party. We've switched off from family to friend party every other year. Last year was just a small family party with two close adult friends and this year we invited his favorite buddies from the neighborhood and one of his long-time friends from where we used to live.
We sent the kids to the park right behind our house. We hid some small paper bags with some cheap dollar store toys in them for the kids to find. They found the bags within seconds then played for a good half hour. After that we let them come back in for pizza and birthday cake.
I thought kids universally liked pizza, but half of them said they didn't. I think they were saying that so they could skip the lunch and go straight to the cake because when I cracked down on them, they all ate most of their pizza.
We had the most delicious cake. Every birthday I buy the same kind of cake because it is soooo good. It has a custard and raspberry filling in the middle with whip cream frosting. I love it!!
The kids all devoured their cake then they got to watch Franklin open his presents. Boy was that fun for Franklin! He thought everything was "so awesome!" I love that he's turning into a big kid.
The party was over once the presents were open. It wasn't very long, about an hour and a half, but that's perfect for someone who's 7 months pregnant. Overall the kids were well behaved and the party was a success.
For days after we had to do damage control because Franklin kept asking if he could get such and such toy for his birthday and then getting upset at us when we told him he already got all his birthday presents.
He got presents from his friends and we bought him a big boy bike. The last bike we bought him from the thrift store ended up in a ditch behind our house. Some punk kids took it one night and that was the last we saw of it until our friends told us they found it while on a walk one night. We went to check it out and sure enough, there it was, upside down and all bent out of shape with a wheel missing. It was heartbreaking but in a way, I was a bit happy because we have been wanting him to get a bigger bike but he kept saying no.

Brown grandma came to visit...She came for Franklin's birthday and to help with the house because she knows I could use the help. She stayed for three weeks and was able to get a big dose of my little babies. They took naps together and went on walks together and really got to know their grandma. She only gets to come about once or twice a year, so it was really a great visit for all.

We read books in the buff...

We ate ice cream cones...

We posed for pictures and threw tantrums...

1 comment:

Joni said...

Looks like you have been busy and having a lot of fun! I have missed your blog posts and can't believe how big your cute kiddo's are getting! When is the baby due, I saw that Emma had her little girl, so adorable!