I must be better at writing down the cute things my kids do and say!
The other day Franklin and Beatrice were in the tub together when Beatrice slipped. She caught herself before she went under the water with no harm done. Franklin looked at me and said, "Mom, Jesus saved herself!"
Me: Laugh out loud, "He sure did." Big smile on my face from those unexpected words.
A half a minute later, Franklin decides he wanted to get another smile from me, so he pretends to slip and then proceeds to say, "Mom, Jesus saved MY self."
Me: "He sure did. Thank goodness for Jesus." To which Franklin replies, "Yeah, Jesus is a hero."
Too funny! Where does he come up with this stuff? It made me laugh and then just want to take the kid, dripping wet and all, and just squeeze him.
I know we've talked to him about how Jesus can help you if you are sad or in need of help. I guess he translated that into him being a hero. I'm surprised he didn't say super hero because he's at that age where super heroes are super cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment