The laundry is done. Franklin's at preschool and Beatrice is sleeping, so I figured I ought to get some blogging in while I can.
Beatrice is almost a year and a half old. I cannot believe how adorable she is. I love this stage of my children's lives. I remember when Franklin was this age and how I just couldn't get enough of his cuteness.
They both bring me so much joy but they can both stress me to the max!
I would say my parenting style is pretty laid back. I do my best to make sure the kids get three nutritious meals each day. Growing up we had "square meals" which is the same method I apply. I don't worry too much about the pyramid system that's the standard now for healthy eating. I make sure they get their whole grains, their fruit or vegetable and their serving of protein. I don't let them eat much sugar and I try to keep them on a schedule with their naps and bed times. They almost get their teeth brushed twice on most days and most days they get dressed in clean clothes.
Other than that, they probably watch a little too much tv, don't get disciplined consistently when they act out and get ignored a little too often when I'm on the computer or the phone.
I hope they remember all the good things I try to do for them instead of dwelling on the bad or what I don't do for them.
Last night we had a pretty funny night...
Little Franklin is not much of an eater. He never has been. He's almost four years old and I still have to put food in his mouth most meals just to ensure he's getting enough nutrients. He's just uninterested in food. He rarely ever says he's hungry and when he's done eating, he's done eating. He'll start gagging if I try to put any more food into his mouth. Often times when he reaches his food intake limit, he'll gag and even puke if that last bite is just too much.
Well last night I tested his food intake limit (sounds so nerdy, which it is) by making him eat "one more bite of string beans. Come on Franklin, just one more bite, just one more bite." I gave him four more "last bites." On his fourth "last bite" he started gagging. So I told him to relax and just chew slowly and swallow slowly.
Well that didn't happen. Instead he puked up all his green beans and the rest of the semi nutritious meal I had made him. He kept puking and puking and puking. It was the kid's whole day's worth of food.
The poor thing is already so little that it pains me when he pukes up everything I've worked so hard to put into him so he can grow.
With puke all over the chair and the floor and Franklin, I sent him upstairs to take a tubby.
Daddy decided he wanted to get in with the kids tonight. So he got in with both Franklin and Beatrice. Within the first few seconds of Beatrice being in the tubby, she tinkled all down her legs and into the water, which freaked out my husband. But I convinced him a little ounce of urine in the big bathtub wouldn't hurt him and just not to drink any of it.
Then Franklin got in. He's usually really good about going peepee before getting into the tubby, but I guess he thought Beatrice peeing in the tubby was pretty funny. So he gets in and does the same. By that time my husband was ready to jump out and rinse off in the shower, but the kids convinced him to stay and I needed him in there to watch them while I cleaned up the puke in the kitchen.
After I cleaned up Franklin's vomit, I went upstairs to get Franklin out of the tubby and ready for bed. Beatrice and her daddy were having a great time splashing and playing, so I let them stay for a bit. After another five minutes I go to check on them and daddy starts telling me how stinky our little girl is because she keeps tooting. I look into the water and start laughing. "Uh, Honey, she wasn't tooting, she just pooped in the bathtub!"
Hahahahaha, it was so funny to see the look on my husband's face and to hear his shriek of disgust. He had no idea he was sitting in a tub with not only urine, but now little baby feces. It was so hilarious and so gross at the same time.
So while daddy was frantically rinsing himself off in the shower, I was relegated to cleaning the bathtub.
One kid puked up his dinner and one kid pooped in the bathtub. Not too bad. Don't know how we'll handle things when there's a third baby in the mix. I can only imagine what it will be like if they happen to all get sick simultaneously. Yikes!! I will every minute of having just two while I can and have no doubt the next one will be just as cute and adorable and enjoyable as the other two. Only 17 more weeks to go.
1 comment:
lol! This is so funny! Michael has started this whole puking thing on the last bite. Drives me nutty! I'm surprised that you and the kids could convince Frank to staying in the bathtub. That's great! The life of parenting...
Post a Comment