Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Indoor Camping

Franklin loves the movie "UP." There's one scene, in the beginning, where the little girl and the little boy are looking through an Adventure Book underneath a blanket that was thrown over a rope to make a little pup tent. Franklin kept asking me if we could build a tent in the house. I kept saying yes, but we don't have any rope to tie across any of our rooms nor anything really to tie the rope to. So, finally, after much asking and pleading from Franklin, I decided we'd just set up our camping tent in the livingroom.
We did it for our Family Home Evening activity Sunday night. All the family got in and we had our FHE inside the tent. That was great fun and every time Franklin got to squirming too much, we just told him the tent was coming down unless he listened. Worked like a charm.
We turned the door towards the TV so we could watch a movie together. The next day Franklin's best friend JD came over and they watched cartoons in the tent. These pictures were taken around 3:30 in the afternoon after a long day of playing at preschool and with each other. If I had let them, they probably would've taken a late, afternoon nap, but late naps mean later bedtimes that night and I wasn't going to let that happen.


We tried sleeping in it the first night but this pregnant lady could not get comfortable. Up to my own bed I went and both Franklins followed behind. Funny boys.

No comments: