
I'm making an official declaration: I am pregnant! Yes, it's true. No, it is not an accident. I decided that Beatrice just grew up too quickly. I wanted another little teeny, tiny baby. I don't know why the desire to have another so quickly was so strong, it just was. So instead of pushing it aside, I begged Frank to help make it happen. It didn't take too much begging because really, what kind of guy doesn't enjoy making a baby?
So I am about eight weeks along. I'm due around the end of June, first of July. Yes I am sick and tired. More tired than I am sick. I constantly feel yucky, but no major puking, just low grade nauseated feeling around the clock. I want to sleep way past sunrise, but the kids have other ideas about that.
I don't really feel like eating anything. When I do eat, it's not much, yet my butt seems to be growing. How does one explain that? It's from just sitting on it all day hoping to find energy to do something other than sit.
Ok, so things aren't that bad.
We told Franklin that mommy has a baby in her tummy and he got a little bit confused. So then I told him it's not really in my tummy, but it's in my uterus. I thought it was funny. My husband, not so much. I had to somehow explain that the baby doesn't get squished by all the food I eat. I told Franklin that the baby grows in my uterus and as the baby gets bigger, it kind of pushes my tummy out of the way so the baby will have more room to grow. It actually seemed to make sense to him. You should hear him say "Uterus." It's hilarious. At random times of the day I will ask him to say "Uterus." Is that just wrong?
One day we asked Franklin if the baby would be a boy or girl. He said it would be a boy. We then asked what he wanted to name him. He said he wanted to name him "Sheriff." I LOVE it. How cute is that? I think it's adorable and somewhat out of the ordinary because every animal, toy, doll, whatever we've had in the past year, Franklin has tried to name "Cookie." So hearing Sheriff took me off guard. But it has stuck. Our little pistachio is named Sheriff. We can't wait for him/her to join our family. Will she/he be fair and blue-eyed like Beatrice, or dark like Franklin, or will there be a completely different combination? Can't wait and see.
10 comments:
Congratulations on your pistachio. When I read pistachio named Sheriff I imagined a pistachio with a thin three musketeers mustache and a sombrero. That's probably how I'll imagine your baby until it is born. :) Congratulations.
Congratulations! So happy for you! You are such a great mom. I love reading your blog and your stories.
v
Hooray!!! You were not kidding when you said you were baby hungry and ready for number 3!:) So how far apart will they be? 3 is wild and crazy but oh so fun!!! I am so happy for you guys! You just crack me up uterus?! Oh how i miss you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS! I think that is just fabulous in every way!!
That is such exciting news! You are such a crack up Liz. Your little Franklin is such a doll...he says such cute things. :)
Thanks for your sweet comment on Mel's blog. Greg lives 30 minutes from the hospital so that comes in handy. You never know though, we may need a place to crash sometime. Greg's house is only so big.
Congrats Liz! I have no doubt that little Sheriff will be as adorable as Beatrice and Franklin are. I'm so happy for you!
Yay! I love Etter babies! Hope you start feeling better soon.
Congrats to you! I love that Franklin named the baby Sheriff and I love even more that he goes around saying "uterus." For some reason words like that are much funnier when coming from a child.
Hooray! I can finally officially say, "CONGRATULATIONS!!" We are excited for you! I'm serious... try those sea bands - you'll feel better :)
Yay! Congratulations! I am so happy for you guys. Also, I love that you wrote on your blog that guys enjoy making babies! Ha. I'm sure this baby will be just as gorgeous as little Franklin and sweet Beatrice.
Post a Comment