Thursday, November 12, 2009

October

The month of October came and went so quickly. It was a beautiful, fall month. Franklin continued to enjoy preschool. Here he is on a field trip with his classmates to a local pumpkin patch. This is Franklin and his best friend, JD. They go to preschool together and to church and wherever their little two wheelers will take them. They are super silly and super cute. Well except when they haven't had naps, then forget about it. Those two shouldn't even be in the same building when they're tired. Franklin had such a great time at the pumpkin patch. I wish I had paid for more than just three pumpkins because there were so many. Franklin really wanted a green pumpkin. I'm not really sure why the fascination with green pumpkins. Luckily we were able to compromise and get one that was half and half. Here's our final project once we got the pumpkins home and carved. Can you tell that Franklin was really into skeletons this year?
This is Franklin's Halloween party at preschool. I just couldn't get him to smile. He took his role as a spooky skeleton very seriously. We dressed Beatrice up in Franklin's first Halloween costume. It's an Elvis jumpsuit my mom made and it fit her perfectly. Franklin really loved going trick-or-treating. His dad took him out for an hour or so and they came back with quite the loot. He didn't care so much about eating any of the candy, which is fine by me, he just wanted to knock on the doors and say, "Trick or Treat!" Beatrice is a whole other story. She discovered Franklin's candy when we were inspecting it for anything mysterious. The girl loves sugar and food in general. I don't know how we could get two kids who could be any more different. Beatrice will eat anything in front of her and we still have to force feed Franklin. He just isn't interested in food, unless it's 10 o'clock at night and then he decides he's hungry. Needless to say, we had to hide the candy from Beatrice. She somehow knew it was in the pantry and in a different bag than it was in orginally. I don't know if she could smell it or what. Maybe she is part bassett hound... I've mentioned before that Beatrice is quite busy and loves to climb. She really hurt herself one day. She had climbed up on the chair by our computer and leaned so far over the back of it that it tipped over. She did a face dive into the book shelf and busted up her lip and got a bloody nose. It was so heartbreaking for me because I was literally two steps away when it happened.Do you see how fat her lip is? It's hard to tell how bad it really was. The food mess on her face makes it look a little worse and gross than it really was. One would think she'd stop climbing after that, but no. I got this footage of her just days later...

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

What a fun Halloween season for you guys! Love the pictures!