He already knows all his uppercase letters, so he's been focusing on lowercase letters as well as scissor skills and how to use different colors. The first couple of weeks, of preschool, every picture he brought home was just one solid color. He's breaking out and using more than one. Way to go!
We do some homework outside of class as well. I bought some inexpensive workbooks from the dollar store that review matching and differences as well as letter and sound recognition.
The other day he really wanted to work on some homework, so I told him to go upstairs and I'd be there after I emptied the dishwasher. When I came upstairs, this is what I found. It was so cute and sad at the same time. So sad that I didn't get upstairs in time to help him. So cute because he literally fell asleep in less than five minutes.

We spent all afternoon coloring and cutting the letters of his name then taping them on the walls. A couple days later he and his friend ripped them off and tore them up. So yes, my little boy is so adorable and cute and smart, but then he's a little punk at the same time.Sometimes I forget that he's only three and a half. I keep trying to get him to say his "ells". He uses the "doubleyou" sound instead. Last night I kept repeating, "la,la,la, look." To which he'd respond, "la,la,la wook." He can't quite get it and I'm not really sure why I keep pushing it. Like I said, the kid's only three and a half and really quite smart and adorable. But, of course, I'm biased.
1 comment:
Actually, I don't think you're biased. The child is inherently cute; no argument!
Post a Comment