Friday, November 13, 2009

My creatures of comfort


We have a little tradition in our house. Every morning when the kids wake up, we'll head on down to the couch and just cuddle. Some mornings I get just one child to myself for a few minutes, but usually they wake up around the same time.
Beatrice usually wakes up and then will start moaning to let me know she's awake. Franklin will just get out of bed and kind of wimper until he can find me. They are so snuggly in the morning so of course I will stop whatever it is I'm doing and just hold them. We'll sit on the couch underneath the blanket and watch an episode, or two, of cartoons.
Beatrice always has to have her sippy cup. She is so thirsty in the mornings it cracks me up. Once she gets her little sippy cup in her hands and begins to drink, you'd think she'd gone days without any water.
Oftentimes I think how sad it would be if I had to work and they didn't get their snuggle time on with mom. I would probably be worse off then they would be. I'm so grateful I get to be their mom. Many days I feel like they don't get the most nutritious meals and I let them watch too many episodes of cartoons, but I know that they always get enough hugs and kisses and words to express my love for them. To my little snuggle bunnies, I know someday you'll be off to school bright and early and way too grown up for snuggle time, so for now, I will let the laundry sit another while, emails can wait, and I can go just a little longer without starting breakfast if it means holding you so tight while I can.

4 comments:

Gordita said...

So sweet.

Nick and Melanie Munns said...

That is so cute Liz, you are such a great mom!

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

I love it.

oh, and don't worry about a couple of extra cartoons now and then... your kids are darling! Beatrice looks so much like little Frank in the snuggle picture! so cute!

Joni said...

You are so smart to enjoy it while they are little because you're right, before you know it, they will be in school all day. I'm so glad to see you are posting again, I've missed you!