Sunday, November 30, 2008

My first all-by-myself thanksgiving

I've been married for five Thanksgivings now and have always gone to my mom's house for Thanksgiving dinner. This year was no different except we went to my mom's house for dinner on the Wednesday right before Thanksgiving day then had dinner at my house on Thanksgiving day. I cooked the whole meal by myself and think I did a pretty darn good job. I do have to thank my mother in law. She helped cut the green beans for my casserole and did a lot of cleaning up after me.
With this being my first solo Thanksgiving day, I had to find recipes for dishes I had never made before. So on to the internet I searched a few days prior and found two little gems. One for Reba Mecentire's sweet potatoes and the second for Paula Deens green bean casserole. Both recieved great compliments. At the end of the day there were only a few spoonfuls left of each which is the greatest compliment of all. Thanks to all who came and shared our day and food with us. It was wonderful to share that day with those whom I love. I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: