I sometimes get irritated when my friends or family don't update their blogs often enough. How hypocritical of me?? I'm not much of an updator either because I feel I need to have something cute or funny to write about and I have to include a photo or video footage or something.
So tonight, I am just blogging for the sake of it. Life is good, it could be better if the world around us didn't seem like it was crumbling. We have a beautiful little guy who loves us so much. We have a great marriage and we have another baby on the way. I'm giving her two weeks... but it's hard to be happy when so many other people's lives are devasted by natural forces such as Hurricane Ike or by man-made forces surrounding the stock market.
I can't watch the news anymore. I couldn't watch it all when I was pregnant with Franklin. I get way too emotional. There just seems to be so much sadness and evil out there. So is it bad that I chose to be oblivious to it?? Maybe naive is a better word...
Anyhow, it's times like these that I really miss President Hinckley and his "Be Positive" speeches. Luckily they are easy to access at anytime over the internet. I'm going to end this cheesy blog and go read something good for the soul. I will write more and include pictures very soon.
xoxo
2 comments:
This is a perfectly natural reaction to what's going on these days. Some days I refuse to read any news that I can't do something about. This largely limits things to subjects of local interest and things that I can donate to DI or the Humanitarian center to do something about.
Liz, I can't believe you are due in two weeks. I'm so excited for you. And a townhouse in Farmington. WooHoo! I like Farmington. I lived there for a little bit back in the day. Anyway, you are welcome to copy anything. I copied Flashback Friday from one of my friends. I'm excited to see all your flashbacks. Love you! Good luck with the babe!
Post a Comment