Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oh Solomon!

My wee little baby is now 7 months old. He's so cute and compact and tiny and squishy and BUSY! He's is fully crawling! He's crawling quickly too. He is cruising all over our house as if he's in a race to keep up with Franklin and Beatrice. He's so confident in his abilities to crawl that he's pulling himself up on things. HOLD ON LITTLE GUY! Stop growing so quickly. Beatrice pulled the same nonsense on me when she was about the same age and that is why I had Solomon so quickly. I needed another baby and now Solomon has the nerve to get all big too. I hate it so much!

Truthfully I love the phase that he is in. Yes, it's heartbreaking that he's growing so fast and I do miss the teeny, tiny, do-nothing-but-sleep newborn stage, but it's so fun seeing the world open up right before his little eyes as he explores and discovers all the new things he can do.

Solomon is doing what most 7-month old babies do. He eats baby foods and sucks on crackers. He loves avocadoes. I think he's starting to get teeth, which I am not too pleased about. Once again, one of those bittersweet things. I love that he's growing, but I really don't want him to.

Just today, at the grocery store, a lady complimented Solomon telling me how cute he was. Then she said,"Mine was once that little, but I blinked and he's turning 42 today." Why do people have to tell me things like that?

My heart breaks just thinking about this itty, bitty piece of adorableness ever being that big. The only positive thing about him being 42 is that means I may possibly be getting a good night's sleep. It is true that Solomon does not sleep through the night. Nope he does not. I think he has slept through the night maybe once his entire 7 months of existence. We've tried a lot of different methods to get him to sleep longer than 4 hours at a time. Nothing has worked thus far. If he weren't so stinkin' cute, I might just be upset about it all. He'll learn...I hope.

In this video he crawled over to the little step we have in our living room and just hung out there for awhile. He was talking and singing and standing. He makes the sweetest noises when he's trying to talk. I can tell he thinks he's really conveying a message to us. His bed time coos are the sweetest. While I rock him to sleep, he just coos, and coos, and coos until he's fully asleep. It's my favorite time of the evening.

No comments: