Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oh Franklin!

My first born is getting so big. He's using words like "sick" (meaning awesome) and saying that he doesn't like girl colors and other ridiculous "boy" things. I must put an end to it!! He just can't turn all boy on me. I need his sweet hugs and kisses. I NEED him to stay four forever! He's so smart and sensitive and kind. He's an incredible big brother. He's gentle with his little brother and a great playmate for his sister. If I don't let him play with friends, he's satisfied playing with Beatrice and Solomon and I hope that never changes. He's a fantastic helper. Whenever I ask for his help, he usually comes through and does all I ask him too without questioning. I say usually because there are some days where he's sassy and a bit violent. If he hasn't had enough sleep he'll stomp around the house throwing pillows or kicking the wall or even sometimes just hitting or kicking his sister for no reason at all. In fact, he's not even aware that he's doing it. That's why I love my son sooooo much. I can read him very well. From the day he was born it seems we have been perfectly in tuned. I knew what every cry meant. I knew when he was hungry, when he was tired, when he just wanted to cuddle for cuddle sakes. I still know what he needs almost without him asking. It's such a special bond we have and I'm hoping it lasts through all his "boy" phases.
I captured this video the other day when we went to the circus. You can't really hear the music too well, but he was dancing and stomping away in his own little world and then got distracted by candy. Just like his mom...

No comments: