Friday, February 4, 2011

My Darling Angels

I am sleep deprived. VERY sleep deprived. I feel the only time I have to accomplish anything is at night. So I will stay up late to clean the mess of three little ones plus or minus a few on any given day. Now that Solomon is fully crawling and cruising around, I can't get as much done as I used to. I can't fold clothes because he's all over every piece of folded laundry. I can't really vacuum either because he chases the vacuum cleaner around. Most babies scream and cry at the sight and sound of the vacuum. Not my son. His eyes get all wide and he's right there with every push and pull of the vacuum. So, I try to get what I need to done during his naps. This is when my other two decide they really need me. So what's a mom to do?
Like I said before, I try to do it at night after the kids have gone to sleep. Cleaning this late gives me little "me" time. So by the time I clean and glance over my emails or skim through my ever-growing pile of magazines, it's nearly midnight. Upon noticing how late it is, I quickly brush my teeth and climb into bed ready for a good night's sleep. It doesn't take long for me to fall asleep, but it seems like every time I have reached a point of extremely deep sleep, I am awakened by either A)a crying infant or B)a thirsty, or sad, or scared, or lonely child. Sometimes I'm sleeping so deeply because I'm so tired that I don't even hear anything. I just wake up sometime in the night to find this.....Some cute little angels have come to visit and have stayed.

1 comment:

Kwint and Gina Kemp Family said...

I am laughing... That is a familiar sight and story indeed. It will pay you back in full plus interest to have kids that know they are loved. :)