This Halloween has been so much fun! We went to our church's Halloween activity Friday night and got quite a bit of candy and got to run around with dozens of kids in their costumes. Then we got to get dressed up all over again to go Trick-or-Treating Saturday night.
A few days ago I was in my bed wondering just what to dress Beatrice as for Halloween. It wasn't keeping me up, but it was on my mind. Just as I drifted off to sleep I had a vision, not a religious one or anything like that, just a mental image of how cute Beatrice would look as Wonder Woman. With it only being three days before Halloween I thought there was no way I'd have time to order one or go in search of one. Plus I didn't think I could find one to fit the budget.
I must say that Beatrice made an adorable Wonder Woman. Franklin made and awesome skeleton. A few days ago I was in my bed wondering just what to dress Beatrice as for Halloween. It wasn't keeping me up, but it was on my mind. Just as I drifted off to sleep I had a vision, not a religious one or anything like that, just a mental image of how cute Beatrice would look as Wonder Woman. With it only being three days before Halloween I thought there was no way I'd have time to order one or go in search of one. Plus I didn't think I could find one to fit the budget.
I decided I would check the local Kmart, "Just to see what they had." I found princesses, and fairies, and cuddly animals, AND hidden underneath all the wings and feathers, I found WONDER WOMAN!!
I was sooooo ecstatic. It wasn't Beatrice's size, but it was the smallest they had and I knew I could make it work. And it was a decent price. Yay!
Solomon donned the Elvis costume that Franklin and Beatrice both wore when they were babies. He looked so cute! We didn't get any pictures though. I'll have to dress him up and take one just for memory's sake.
Here's Franklin back in October 2006 and Beatrice in 2009.Franklin was propped up against the couch. He couldn't really stand.
And Beatrice is with another Elvis (Mike Outzts) that showed up to party.
We got plenty of candy this year, and surprisingly, the kids don't really seem to be interested in it. They loved going around and asking for it, but they aren't begging to eat it and I'm not pushing them to either. I'm sure that will all change in the years ahead.
I remember taking a pillowcase trick-or-treating and running around like a mad man trying to get to as many houses before the assigned time to be home. When we got home, we'd spread our candy out on the floor so my parents could inspect it to make sure it all looked safe and to get a piece or two for themselves.
This year, we went trick-or-treating with our best friends, Micheal and Barbara Fox. We went to a handful of houses with Beatrice, Solomon, Franklin, daddy, and the Foxes. Then the two little ones and the grownups headed back home. Franklin and I wanted to stay out a little bit longer. I'm so glad we did. I got to live vicariously through my four year old. We ran from house to house as quickly as we could. It was later in the evening and I think we were some of the last ones out trick-or-treating so a lot of houses gave us handfuls of candy when we showed up. Franklin filled his entire bucket by going to about 25 houses. It was incredible. I really loved spending some one-on-one time with my son, just running around being a kid again. I feel so blessed and fortunate to live in a country with such silly traditions and in a place that is safe enough to participate in such traditions. It's great to be a kid!
Here's Franklin back in October 2006 and Beatrice in 2009.Franklin was propped up against the couch. He couldn't really stand.
And Beatrice is with another Elvis (Mike Outzts) that showed up to party.We got plenty of candy this year, and surprisingly, the kids don't really seem to be interested in it. They loved going around and asking for it, but they aren't begging to eat it and I'm not pushing them to either. I'm sure that will all change in the years ahead.
I remember taking a pillowcase trick-or-treating and running around like a mad man trying to get to as many houses before the assigned time to be home. When we got home, we'd spread our candy out on the floor so my parents could inspect it to make sure it all looked safe and to get a piece or two for themselves.
This year, we went trick-or-treating with our best friends, Micheal and Barbara Fox. We went to a handful of houses with Beatrice, Solomon, Franklin, daddy, and the Foxes. Then the two little ones and the grownups headed back home. Franklin and I wanted to stay out a little bit longer. I'm so glad we did. I got to live vicariously through my four year old. We ran from house to house as quickly as we could. It was later in the evening and I think we were some of the last ones out trick-or-treating so a lot of houses gave us handfuls of candy when we showed up. Franklin filled his entire bucket by going to about 25 houses. It was incredible. I really loved spending some one-on-one time with my son, just running around being a kid again. I feel so blessed and fortunate to live in a country with such silly traditions and in a place that is safe enough to participate in such traditions. It's great to be a kid!
3 comments:
Awww. Everyone looks so cute!!!
OMG!!!! B is the cutest wonder women ever I think she could have her own show.... love u guys!!!!!
Beatrice is an adorable Wonder Woman!
Post a Comment