This past Sunday I dropped Beatrice off at nursery. She's technically not supposed to be in there until she's 18 months, but as I posted in my previous entry, she is just too busy. There's no way I can corral her during Sunday School and Relief Society. She walks around the classroom sneaking into other people's bags or purses looking for snacks. Everyone gladly gives her what they have, but it's awfully embarrassing that her own mom can't get her to stay put. It's also embarrassing to have such a mooch for a daughter.
The nursery leaders assured me that it's ok that I brought her in a few weeks earlier than I'm supposed to. So with that, I went to Sunday School and actually learned something about the scriptures. I sat in a lesson and felt peace. It was wonderful!
When I picked Beatrice up, I was told she was a good little girl and that she really liked to play Ring Around the Roses. I thought that was so cute! We've never played that with her before.
So the next night, for Family Home Evening, I thought it would be fun to play Ring Around the Roses with the kids. Sure enough, Beatrice loved it. The first few times she didn't go around so much, she just sort of shuffled her feet. Then she caught on and starting moving around and around and around. At first she didn't fall by herself, it was mostly Franklin pulling her down, then she started falling by herself and she even started to sing. I tried getting video of her singing and falling down by herself, but this was the best I could do. Every time the kids figure out that I'm recording them, they stop doing just what I was trying to capture.
1 comment:
Oh, Liz! She is a living doll! I'm glad you'll have a few months to enjoy class before "Sheriff" arrives! :-) I'm dying to see her play in person. Xoxoxo.
Post a Comment