Thursday, February 18, 2010

Franklin's Valentines

Franklin had a little Valentine's party at his preschool. It would've been super easy to just go to the store and buy him the Valentines, but then my mom sent me a link for an adorable Valentine's day card that I figured even I could do. I am NOT good at homemade crafty stuff. My work looks about as good as a second-grade entry into the county fair. I bet some second graders can do better work than I can.
Anyhow, I figured I had the cutest model for the project and just couldn't go wrong. I got Franklin to pose for the pictures. He did pretty well. I think he's a super model in training.
I then uploaded the picture and picked them up an hour later at Walmart. Total cost: 3.80 for pictures and 2.00 for the suckers. So roughly six bucks. Not too shabby for something so adorable.
Franklin's teacher asked that each child practice writing their names on each Valentine card. So we did just that. Franklin's name is pretty long, but he's getting better and better. He wanted to save this particular Valentine because he did such a good job at writing his name. He can write all by himself, but he needs someone next to him to tell him which letter comes next. It is so heartwarming to see my lil' boy progress and learn.
Franklin will be four in April. I dread that happening. He is big enough. He gives hugs and kisses when I ask and I don't want him to grow out of that. The other day he rolled his eyes at me when I said something silly. It made me laugh because it was such a teenage thing to do, but then it made me cry to think he'll be rolling his eyes at me a lot more and giving me kisses and hugs a lot less. I don't know how many times I have asked him to stop growing and he just defies my wishes...

1 comment:

Bars said...

Oh, Lizzy! That Valentine is the cutest thing I've EVER seen! Love it!