Thursday, February 18, 2010

My busy Bea

When we first agreed that we would name our daughter Beatrice (a family name). I was pretty insistent that we only call her Beatrice. I think it's such a pretty name that I didn't want it to get shortened. I am pretty vigilant about calling her Beatrice, most of the time. But I cannot help but to call her my busy Bea. I tried taking pictures of her this morning, but these were the best I could get. The girl is super active. She thinks she knows what she is saying when she talks and boy does she talk. She's very good at expressing when she wants up or down. When she wants a drink or a snack or when she doesn't want anything. She's good at letting you know when she's annoyed. She does this quacking/squawking thing. When she squawks it sounds like a high-pitched quack. She does not like to be picked on or teased by her big brother, but of course, Franklin has learned just how fun it is to tease.
My daughter hardly sits still, yet she is a gem when it comes to her schedule. She wakes up and then will take a nap about two hours after waking. Then she's up again for another few hours, only to go down again in the afternoon for an hour or two and she's usually in bed no later than 8pm. She loves her sleep and she loves her food. The only way I can get her to sit still enough for me to do her hair is if I put food in front of her and lock her in her high chair. She eats far better than her big brother ever did or does now. However, she won't drink much milk. She's never really liked the stuff. So we have to supplement with a lot of cheese and other dairy.
My baby's got the most beautiful hair and eyes. It's funny when we go in public because she bats her eyelashes at everyone and says, "Hi". Because she is so short, people get confused. They see the long hair, but the short legs and just can't figure her out. So I get asked how old she is all the time. Right now she's 16 and a half months old! I can't believe how fast she is growing. She's super independent and tries to do everything her big brother does.
Beatrice has a very large personality in spite of her short physique. She laughs at herself and others all day long. She thinks she's so funny. I think she is too. I think the world of my daughter and could go on and on and on about how cute she is and all the wonderful things about her. I can't find a single fault in her or Franklin, but of course that's because I only see them through my rose-colored glasses. I heart my family!!

1 comment:

Bars said...

I've always called her baby b because before we even knew what she was we called her that. I've just never stopped she's always been baby Bea to me. Now I feel bad. I had no idea you felt so strongly about her being called by her full name. Sorry :( She is one beautiful, busy, Beatrice!