He has been one of the greatest sources of joy. I really can't say enough wonderful things about my son right now. So I'll save that for a later date...
I meant to take a whole slew of pictures of him before and after his wellness checkup to the pediatrician. He had been dreading going to the Dr. for a whole year. He was told last year, at his four-year-old wellness visit, that he'd be getting his Kindergarten shots at his next visit. Throughout this entire last year Franklin would randomly ask if he'd have to get his kindergarten shots or he'd tell me he didn't want to get them. I have no idea what would put the thoughts of the shots into his head. He would just bring up the subject and I always answered truthfully. "I'm sorry you don't want to get your shots, but you need to if you want to go to Kindergarten." To which he'd whine for a few minutes then completely forget about them for another month or two when he'd randomly remember them again.
Here he is obediently posing for me. Beatrice wanted to be photographed too. They did the obligatory pose together and then they separated themselves like true siblings.





This was taken at the pediatrician's office.

I sure wish I had some pictures taken during the visit. He was so cute. He was crying during his hearing test, and crying during his vision test. He cried when the Dr. listened to his heart and peeked into his ears. He was a blubbering mess. I tried to get the nurse to give Franklin his shots at the very beginning of the appt. because I knew he'd calm down once they were done and over with. That's exactly what happened. He screamed when he got the shots and then 10 seconds later he was fine and even a little embarrassed that he'd made such a big fuss. The shots were really no big deal. Next time he's or any of the kids are due for shots, I'm not going to say a word about them.
3 comments:
Happy almost birthday to Franklin!
They are such beautiful kids! That last pix of Franklin breaks my heart!
He is a handsome guy. I love to "see" you as a mommy. Oh, 11 years since we were sista's... can it be??
Post a Comment