Friday, July 2, 2010

Solomon Part II


Solomon is a week old and has captured my heart forever. He is so sweet. He eats well and sleeps well. He's starting to open his eyes a bit more, but I'm always so transfixed by his gaze that I forget to grab the camera. It's amazing how just a week ago he was in my belly and now he's here!


Franklin and Beatrice are great siblings, but I can tell they miss having mom's complete attention. Beatrice thinks she should be Solomon's mom or at least dictate how and what I should be doing as his mom. She keeps saying, "I carry," every time he goes in his car seat. She really thinks she can carry his car seat by herself. Whenever he opens his eyes, she thinks it's funny to say, "Pokey his eye" and then attempt to poke him in his eyes. She's constantly trying to shove a pacifier into his mouth whether he's awake or not or attached to me or not. She hasn't yet tried to smother him like Franklin tried to do to Beatrice when she was younger. I give it another week or two.
Franklin, on the other hand, is just the opposite. He's so gentle and sweet. He keeps Beatrice out of the bedroom when Solomon is sleeping. He grabs whatever I need, i.e. diapers, wipes, lotion, shampoo, pacifier, blanket...etc. Whatever I need, he's there to get it for me.
I often feel guilty for having such a beautiful family. Three adorable and healthy babies and a loving husband too. I have great neighbors and friends who have brought gifts and meals. They've offered to take my older kids from me for a while so I can get a break and have some alone time with Solomon. Life is beautiful!

2 comments:

JOSH AND ANGELA said...

CONGRATULATIONS! you really do have a beautiful family... what a blessing!! I am glad he is here and safe. YAY!!

Lori said...

Don't know if you remember me. Lori Sume. Anyway I found you through your mom's blog. Just wanted to tell you that your family is beautiful and I LOVE your kids names!!!!