Little Solomon Conrad arrived Friday around noon. He was 7lbs, 6oz and 20 inches long. He is bigger and longer than the other two and just as perfect.I would like to say all went well with the delivery. It was almost perfect except I received way too much medicine in my epidural. I was numb all the way to my fingers. It took almost 8 hours for the meds to wear off. I have never done well with meds of any kind. It doesn't take much for the needed effect. So I assume the anethesiologist thought I was bigger than I am...it's hard to tell how small or big a person is when they've packed on 40 extra pounds.
Once I was hooked up to the epidural, the iv fluids, and the pitocin drip, it took all of three hours for me to get completely dilated and ready for birth. I pushed a total of 8 times. Solomon came right out and cried almost immediately. It was love at first sight.
It was so fun to see my kids' reactions when they met Solomon for the first time. Beatrice went crazy.
She wanted to see the baby so badly and wouldn't leave him alone. She kept poking his eyes and cheeks and checking out his fingers and toes and ears. She wanted to carry him the way she does her dollies at home. It's been four days and the novelty has not worn off. She still keeps trying to carry him and wants to know where he is every minute of the day.
Franklin was so sweet and tender. He held Solomon and gave him a few sweet kisses on the head and a soft squeeze. He's going to be such a great role model.

It's been an adjustment having more kids than arms. How grateful I am for the wonderful family, neighbors, and friends I have to help out. It's been so nice sitting at home and just loving little Solomon. Nothing better!
5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Love the pictures. your kids are soo adorable!!!
xoxoxo
Oh, my gosh, Liz! He's adorable! I haven't read anyone's blog in a such a long time. I don't think I even knew you were pregnant. And Beatrice is so big! Congratulations!
How sweet. I can't believe how grown up Franklin and Beatrice look compared to little Solomon. Seriously cute.
What a precious baby! The pictures of Beatrice and Franklin with Solomon are just too cute for words. What a lucky mom you are! :)
Congrats!
Congrats, he is beautiful! I can't believe how grown up little Franklin and Beatrice look, they are all so adorable. I'm glad that both you and the babe are doing well xoxo.
Post a Comment