Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cozy Time

I've written before about my little creatures of comfort. Maybe they are more just creatures of habit. Lately we've been taking a tubby together at 7pm every night. It's one way to signal to the kids that it's time to get ready for bed. Sometimes tubby time is fun and all about playing with the toys. Other times it's all about the business of getting clean. The kids hate getting their hair washed. They don't like the water dripping in their faces. I try to get them to lean back so the water drips away from their face, but they won't do that, so we just hurry through it all. Wet, wash, and rinse as fast as possible.
After each bath, I wrap the kids up tightly in a towel and throw them on our bed so they can snuggle underneath the big comforter to stay warm. They would lay there forever, in their tight lil' towels, if I let them. They think it's fun and I think it's adorable.
Franklin and Beatrice are really good to each other. Sure they have their moments where they don't like to be bothered by the other, but for the most part, they are very loving and affectionate. They play well together and they have fun together. I hope they continue to do so as long as they live.
Not only do they play well together, but they really like to make messes together. The other day I caught them emptying out the dvd drawer together.
I've caught them on several occasions mucking in water. The other day they (mostly Franklin) dumped cups and cups of water on my kitchen floor. I was upstairs on the computer doing taxes or something somewhat important that couldn't be stopped right that minute. So the two minutes it took me to save the data and close things up, they had managed to drench the floor and some of the carpet.
When I got to the kitchen, Beatrice was on her belly attempting to freestyle swim in it all. Then she rolled on her back and started back stroking with her arms and her legs. She's so funny. Franklin was hiding because he knew he had done something wrong. He's been so fascinated with making water messes. I can't wait until he grows out of this phase.
Since my kitchen floor was in dire need of a mopping, I didn't get too upset. I just threw down some towels and told Franklin to start wiping as part of his punishment. The floor looked great afterwards! Too bad I had a large stack of towels to wash and a couple of little kid outfits. If only I could punish the kids by making them do laundry. Maybe next year...

No comments: