Wednesday, May 27, 2009

This too shall pass...

So my dear little three-year-old is as busy as can be. Ok busy is an understatement! The kid is the epitome of the Warner Brothers animated Tasmanian Devil. Every where he goes, a mess is inevitable. I just cannot keep up with him nor can I turn my back for 30 seconds.
I've blogged about him smothering his sister when I'm not looking, about the times he has dumped boxes of cereal on the floor and more recently when he tried feeding his sister toothpaste. He loves anything that writes, squishes, or just leaves a mark and he loves involving his sister when he can.
Well yesterday he got a hold of the baby powder and was powdering his trains, the carpet, and his sister.
Today he decided he needed to paint. We thought we had put away all our paintbrushes from our bedroom project and we had. But he didn't need paintbrushes, just his hands.

I talked to my mom about it and she told me to enjoy it while he's young because messes from little ones are so much better than messes from teenagers. That's great advice mom. Thank you for helping me settle down and to put things in perspective while at the same time freaking me out about what mischief my son will find when he does become a teenager.

4 comments:

Bars said...

Though Baby B looks adorable in her war paint, I'm not sure I could be so patient with Franklin. If he'd done that to my wall, I would have FREAKED out! I guess that's why you're the mom, and I'm not. How did he get the lid off of the paint?

Donna Brand said...

WOW the three's are bad to. I thought it was just two!! I'm in BIG trouble then with two boys. Your babies are growing up to fast. They are so cute. We miss you guys. lots of love!!!!

Joni said...

This is hilarious! He is such a fun little boy! So adorable, definitely enjoy every minute because they grow up way to fast....

AJsGirls said...

What great advice from your sweet Mom. I'm going to write that down and put it on my fridge.