The cake was a simple yellow cake made from a mix. The frosting was from a can. I wasn't really feeling the whole cake-from-scratch vibe this year. The "dirt" was made from a combination of Oreos and graham crackers. I just threw a whole bunch into the food processor then pulsed the daylights out of them. Juanita helped with the cute checker flag design. The boys thought it was pretty dang cool.
As mentioned previously, the party was really low key. Frank took the kids to a local trampoline place. I have never been and couldn't really envision me jumping at 7.5 months pregnant. However, the kids were able to jump until they were exhausted. Unfortunately most of the pictures were blurry, but at least we get the gist of how great this place was.
After jumping for an hour or so, the kids all came back to the house and did a quick treasure hunt complete with clues and treasure at the end. The treasure was hidden in the dryer. I loved scavenger hunts as a kid. That was almost the easiest part of the whole party. Just write six or seven clues, hide them, hide the treasure. Voila!
We were supposed to do homemade pizza, but I forgot to buy pepperoni and some other toppings. I'm not sure how that happened. So the kids ended up eating a slice of cheese pizza. It would've been easier to go the Little Ceasar's route.
| JD, Jason, and Franklin. These boys break my little heart. |


No comments:
Post a Comment